Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Panoramic JDPegs, with a little help from my (much younger) friends...

Well, today was an eye-opener! A friend's son posts images on Instagram, which I follow, and I asked him how he got a particularly lovely shot.  SJ let me know that he uses the Pano app on his iPhone. Well, even though I've had my jPhone for a few years, I had no idea (or maybe I had just forgotten, yeah, that's it!) I had access to such a cool tool.  Excitedly, I took a few panoramic pictures at work to test it out, but realized they wouldn't fit into the square dimensions that Instagram uses.  Well, a younger co-worker told me about the free app, Cropic, which allows you to fit the panoramic view into a square and then colour in the borders. What a blast! I work on the 19th floor in downtown TO, so there are some quite amazing views.  It was a grey, wet day, but you get the idea.

West view, from the lab, pseudo coloured.
East view, interactive area.
South view, work stations.
As you can see, I'm completely hooked!  Once I got off the bus in G-town, I tried my hand at some panoramic views along the Speed River, and I'm sure you'll agree with me that they are quite cool. I'm so fortunate to have access to young minds to help me feel less like a dinosaur. I highly recommend it, especially with respect to technology.

New condo in the works.

Lookout on Speed River.

Pedestrian bridge and St. George's Church (minus the t).

2 comments:

  1. I could sit at those south view work stations all day and dream. Have you heard of photo spheres on google maps? 360 degree views inside buildings? Technology is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice - I'll have to check it out N.!

    ReplyDelete