Sunday, July 06, 2014

Aberfoyle Antique Market

Today we joined some friends, the Crabshack's, and drove down to Aberfoyle to their weekly antique-cum-flea market.  It was our first trip of the year, and it didn't disappoint.  There are always so many interesting things to look at, people included, and it always amazes me what some people collect/buy.  The C's were looking for a cabinet for Mrs. C to display her collection of pressed-glass bud vases in, but nothing grabbed both of them.  He found a nice, wooden plant stand, and they saw an old rug they wanted, but needed to check the dimensions of where it's going to end up first. CC bought a couple of old sprinklers, one of which he's using as I write this, although the spinning mechanism isn't that great, so he keeps going outside to get it going, and gets wet as a result.  Very amusing.  I wondered around, mostly on my own, so I could peruse what interested me.  Bought a few bits 'n' bobs and then took a bunch of photos of combinations of things that caught my eye.

Remember him?
I liked the colour combination of these things.
Tres Shabby Chic, n'est pas?
Made me laugh.
A potpourri of colourful crap.
Printer's blocks.
Wooden buoys.
A box of blue glass.
My purchases - L. to R. - blue and white English bowl, Green Hall pitcher, very inexpensive (signed!) Kutani vase, yellow Fiesta pitcher, lead soldiers. Total price - $68.

No comments:

Post a Comment