Friday, March 01, 2013

Pretty Snow


     Just when you think we can't possibly get any more snow, we get more!  It snowed heavily the other night - in fact, when I looked out the window it was moving horizontally! Although I thought about staying home the next day, I'm glad I got up and ventured forth.  Everything was covered in a couple of inches of wet, sticky snow.  The morning street lights cast an eerie glow over my morning vista, encouraging me to get my jPhone out and snap some JDPegs, some of which I am sharing with you.  The bus ride only took five to ten minutes longer than usual, and I had a productive day at work, so it was well worth venturing out.  A lot of people I know are not big fans of winter, but personally, I love it, so long as it snows.  I love the cold, the fresh, clean smell of the air, and on a sunny day there's nothing better.  Now don't get me wrong, I understand how days of grey and sloppy, slushy roads and sidewalks can make even the cheeriest soul suicidal, but I find they are few and far between, and as long as we get fresh dustings of the powdery stuff, my inner child and outer (older) man are happy as can be.


3 comments:

  1. That was a pretty morning I agree. I like winter and snow and I've been thrilled with the cross country skiing this year but enough already! It's the winter that is never ever ever going to end! I can't even believe spring is around the corner but the truth it it should be improving these next couple of weeks.
    xox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Productive day at work always helps!

    ReplyDelete