Sunday, March 17, 2013

MORE plants!


     Some people go for a drive and bring home a box of kittens or puppies to fill their lives with joy, CC and I bring home a box of plants - cute little plants mind you - go figure.  We went to St. Jacobs, had a quick look around and were underwhelmed, so headed to Belgian Nursery, yet again, this time to find some more pots for our plants, but didn't see anything that grabbed us.  I did see some little Christmas (Easter?) cacti in colours and leaf-shape I don't yet have.  I already have white, white and pink with serrated leaves and pinky-orange with rounded leaves.  Now, I have red and pink with rounded leaves as well.  They have been forced to flower soon, so I just put them, as is, in larger terra cotta pots in the front window and will transplant them once they have finished flowering.  Just so CC didn't feel left out, I bought him a teacup African Violet in white that fit perfectly in the Celadon teacup I bought him for Christmas.  We are supposed to get more snow and it doesn't look like it's going to warm up in the near future, so this is our way of dealing with it.  I did see some Snowdrops and a lone yellow Crocus coming up in the garden, so there is hope.


3 comments: