Monday, April 29, 2013

Aberfoyle Antique Market

     Yesterday was the first day that the Aberfoyle Antique Market opened up and CC and I arose early, picked up B Lovely, and headed down to see what was on offer.  It was quite packed out and people were already leaving even though we arrived about an hour after the opening!  We did the whole circuit, but there weren't as many vendors as I thought there would be - they will probably all be there for the Spring Special Sale on Saturday May 12.


     The first thing that caught my eye was the above.  I thought it was some freakish, taxidermy, badger-purse, so I took a picture and sent it off to Mrs. Mop Philospher knowing her great taste in all things fashionable.  Of course, she was horrified and informed me that she would now be having nightmares.  It turns out it's a sporran AND costs $450 - crazy Scottish @#$#@$s!


     In another stall, I espied the above Aboriginal Diorama (no the record is not part of it), and memories of my childhood flooded back to me.  I had the exact same piece in my bedroom that my parents bought for me from god-knows-where.  In fact, I'm pretty sure this one was mine, and it was sold from under my nose.  Spooky, no?

Tres modernes lamps

     CC found a large Imari charger that was quite the deal for $375, but I talked him out of it as we don't really need another big piece of potentially-breakable china in an already-cramped space.  He did find a mixing bowl to replace a cracked one, a rice ware bowl (that I spotted hiding behind some bric-a-brac) and yet another rug - this one has ended up in the kitchen and looks great and is very comfortable underfoot.  B Lovely was Jonesing for some Fiesta Ware and we managed to find a few pieces for her - a cream-coloured Ewer and two Chartreuse Cereal Bowls.  Good work BL, but next time try and work down the price a little - Do You Mind?  I came away empty-handed, but did find another purse for Mrs. Mop Philosopher, one that would be guaranteed to NOT give her nightmares...

Henned Bag?

2 comments:

  1. Crack me up! If anything the chicken handbag will only give me sweet dreams, bawwk! What did B think of it?
    Good times were had by all though I think that diorama is tres creepy, and from your childhood bedroom? TRES creepy.
    Can I come along next time?
    xox

    ReplyDelete