Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunny Monday

Crocus
     I took the day off, so it was a much-appreciated long weekend.  I got up early though, cycled to the gym, swam and cycled home wanting to enjoy every minute of sunshine that I could.  A friend who lives over in Waterloo, but who I don't nearly see enough of came over for a visit and we went out for a leisurely lunch for her belated birthday and got caught up on all of the gossip.  We had a nice walk back here, sat in the garden for a bit and then she headed back home.

Aconite
     In just a few days, a lot has popped up in the garden.  I even saw bees buzzing around the flowers and small swarms of tiny, flying insects, no doubt newly hatched from the soil.  The birds are also coming back and busily visiting the bird feeder and pond and the squirrels are fanatically trying to figure out where they planted last year's nuts. It's still quite dull out there but colour and warmth are definitely on their way!

Irises

1 comment: