Sunday, May 12, 2013

Brrrrrrr!

Okay, so it's Sunday night and it's SNOWING outside!  WTF?!  It has been cloudy then sunny, raining then snowing then sleeting but the one constant is that it has been unseasonably cold.  A week ago I was in shorts and a t-shirt, and now I'm in long pants, long-sleeved shirt and am wearing a jacket.  The heat is back on in the homestead and all the windows are sealed once again to keep the @#$%@^ing cold out.  Now, don't get me wrong, I AM more of a cold weather person than a hot climate kinda guy, but really it's May for god's sake!  Looking on the bright side of things, it's great weather for sleeping but I can't do that ALL the time.  I did manage to get out into the garden yesterday and aerate the back lawn with a pitchfork and dig up all the dandelions I could find and at least I didn't get too warm but I WAS kind of hoping to sit out and quaff a beer and catch some rays.  Instead, I sat inside, drank tea and worked on my very Victorian pasty white, skin-cancer-free complexion.  I just know that look is going to come back in style one of these days.  Anyway, as CC pointed out, another advantage to this cold and wet weather is that it keeps the flowers from coming and going too quickly and keeps the moisture in the ground longer.  Instead of sharing depressing photos of what it looked like outside today, I'm going to post some more lovely, colourful, sunny pictures of the garden from the past week, so sit back and imagine that's what it's like outside right now...

Magnolia
Marsh Marigolds
Redbud
Azalea
Rhododendron
Viburnum

1 comment: