Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Walk Home from the Gym

New U of G Building
     Today was a busy organizational day at work that involved lots of physical activity - mostly lifting and moving pieces of equipment.  I managed to get out of work early and stopped off at the gym after work.  I did my usual 80 lengths and was impresses by an older man in the lane next to me who was a very fast swimmer, which helped me have a better workout!  I walked home and passed by the University and took some pictures as the sun set.  The picture above is of Alexander Hall (formerly the Axelrod building) which was recently finished.  I like the colours and the geometry contrasted with the branches of the trees in front of it.

War Memorial Hall
     By the time I reached the War Memorial Building, the sun was on a quick descent and I managed to get some light reflecting off the windows.  Down the Gordon hill, I passed the Royal City Park and the Speed River and got some good pictures of the tree silhouettes and the sun and river.

Royal City Park
The Speed River

1 comment:

  1. Got some good pictures of tree silhouettes, sun, river? Well where are they are?! Next post I'm guessing. ;)
    I love the setting sun this time of year, the rising as well. It's somehow more beautiful against the backdrop of the cold.
    Hope you are well darling, 80 lengths I'm impressed with you never mind the older man next lane!
    xox

    ReplyDelete