Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Church Walk

Speed River Pedestrian Bridge

     Another cold but sunny day that had a glorious blue sky, perfect for taking pictures.  First off, I had a brisk 30-40 minute walk to the Athletic Centre and swam for the first time this year (60 lengths!), and the first time in a couple of weeks due to that nasty chest cold that has been making the rounds.  I normally do more but didn't want to overdo it.  CC slept in later than me, so he drove and did his workout, then gave me a lift home.  After a quick lunch, I went out for another walk to take some pictures around town.  Guelph has a lot of beautiful, old churches made out of Guelph limestone that look stunning with the sun on them, so I thought I would share some...

St. George's Anglican Church
     All the churches are within a few blocks of one another, so it was a quick walk to capture them all.  I didn't include any of Church of Our Lady Immaculate because the sun was behind it.  It is a catholic church based on Notre Dame and dominates the Guelph landscape as it sits up high on a hill, overlooking the rest of Guelph.  See my Christmas Day post for an image of it (right behind Mary!).

The Old Chalmers United Church
Knox Presbyterian Church
Norfolk United Church
St.Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Dublin Street United Church
     I stopped in at a friend's studio and had some herbal tea and a chat with her and by the time I headed back out, it had clouded over, so I headed home.  CC was in the thick of New Year's cleaning (how Scottish of him!).  He had pulled the bedroom apart so I couldn't possibly have a nap - we went through our clothes and made a nice pile for Value Village.  Now I have some room for new clothes!  I also tossed out some old Food and Drink magazines (they have a website with all of their recipes) and went through my recipe books and got rid of unopened, unused or underused ones.  It feels great to clear things out and start the New Year afresh!

1 comment: