Monday, January 06, 2014

Guelph Blizzard


     To look out your window on a night like tonight, (hopefully) cozy and warm, there's a sleepy look to it all.  Very few people would be out in such blowing snow that hits your face like sand (dog walkers are probably cursing little Muffy the Shih-tzu right now).  So, of course I had to take a few quick snaps to catch it all for posterity.  I had on my PJs and slippers and housecoat, so I'm glad I didn't encounter any die-hard doggy-walker. "They're crazy you know," just said CC, "but the dogs love it."


     Looking further up the street, I was taken by the fact that the snow has taken on a very warm, yellow hue.  That combined with the fluffy, pillow-like qualities of the snow make me feel quite somnolescent, especially after a three hour bus ride home (shoot me). A three hour tour, a three hour tour…


     Of course, looks are deceiving.  I imagine my good friend, B Lovely, saying, "it's about 9 million degrees below zero out there." With the wind chill (40 clicks an hour they say), she's probably not far off.  I used the flash for a couple of JDPegs just so you could see the snowflakes.  They're kind of cool in a chilly, abstract way.


     Tomorrow may or may not be a snow day.  I'll keep you posted if it is.  If it isn't, it's my long (10 hour) day at work (shoot me).

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly right- I would say that. I also said Yeesh it is pretty fr*ggen cold out here tonight. It is putting a crimp in my power walking. Lovely shots JP. You make the winter look inviting ( But we KNOW it is a sham!)
    xox Hope you get a snow day.

    ReplyDelete