Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Brrr!

   

     Stupid me forgot to set my alarm for this morning, so when I finally woke up at 7:30 a.m. (I'm usually up at 4:45 a.m.!), I wondered why it was starting to get light out.  I wouldn't have made the 7:50 bus and the next one wasn't until 9:40, so I decided to take a personal day.


     It's probably just as well because the day's high is supposed to be -21 C!  At least it's sunny and there's blue sky, but I'll be enjoying that from the comfort of the inside, furnace-warmed environment thank-you-very-much.


     As you can see from the height of the snow on the garden urn, we have had a lot of accumulation over the past few days.  It will be great for insulating the ground and for the ground water in the spring, but it's only the beginning of January for crying out loud.


No comments:

Post a Comment