Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunny Sunday Afternoon Bike Ride

     We have had a LOT of rain lately, including a downpour this morning.  Luckily it cleared up this afternoon and I got on my bike and headed out to some places that I have wanted to photograph for some time.

West-end Water Tower
     The first stop took me into Guelph's west end, along Speedvale Avenue West near Imperial Road.  CC and I have often passed this water tower on our return trips from Belgian nurseries and it is something I have always wanted to photograph because it is such an interesting-looking structure, and is the tallest edifice for miles around as it is practically out in the country.

Field Silhouettes
     Just across the street and a little further west was the above at the side of the road just next to a farmer's field.  I like the silhouettes of the dried Mulleins juxtaposed with the bright green of the foliage and the blue sky with its fluffy, white clouds.

Abandoned Farm
     I continued further west on Speedvale, until I hit Wellington Road and turned north.  Again, this is something I have seen from the car many a time but have never had the opportunity to get up close and photograph it.  I took a lot of photos of the old barn and even stepped inside it, but didn't venture too far in as the floor looked quite decrepit and I was by myself.  Also, it looked like there have been squatters there.  I imagine it would be quite creepy at night, a good setting for a horror movie perhaps?  I walked around the barn and found lots of interesting things to photograph including...



     Finally. I headed back east and then south and had to make a stop for gatorade as I was quite hot and felt like I was getting dehydrated.  I found the trail next to the Hanlon expressway and took it south, passing many a dog owner out for an afternoon walkies. I then headed east along Laird Road to Clair Road to once again photograph the water tower there.  They are in the process of repainting it, so it is covered up and looks quite fascinating...


1 comment:

  1. Please don't go into creepy old barns by yourself. Why would you do that. I like the water tower with the weird scaffolding very much, so modern-art-installation-ish. I hope I see you soon,
    xox

    ReplyDelete