Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Vacation Day in Toronto

Yesterday was my brother's birthday, so I decided to take the day off so that I could visit him and take him out for lunch. A "normal" person would take the opportunity to sleep in, but I decided to get up my usual time (4:45 a.m.) and take my regular bus in, so that I could take my camera with me and snap some photos of the city.  Even though I work there five days a week, I rarely have the chance to visit and walk around.  It's incredible how many mostly-glass condos have popped up throughout the city, and I have to say, that I don't like a lot of them.  I walked up University Avenue, popped into work, then headed over to Yonge Street for breakfast.  I continued north, turned west onto Bloor  to U of T and then back to Yonge.  I went north to Davenport and up to Casa Loma which has an amazing view of the city.  Then it was up Spadina and along St Clair to see my brother.  We had lunch at St Clair and Dufferin and after walking him home, I went east on St Clair, down into the ravine and south to Dupont, down St George, through the U of T campus and then caught the bus home...

Shangri-La Hotel's Momofuku Restaurant
Adam Beck Statue, University Avenue
WW1 Memorial Statue, University Avenue
Tower-to-be at Yonge and Bloor
ROM Dragon
ROM Reflections
U of T Architectural Detail
Bata Shoe Museum Window Display
Casa Loma
University and College Buildings
Peter Gilgan Research Learning Tower, Bay Street

2 comments: