Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

I know it's almost over but CC and I had a very busy day - putting the greenhouse plants outside or in the mini-greenhouse in the garage, cleaning and organizing the greenhouse and putting most of the houseplants down into the newly-cleaned g-house.  We also took some things over to Value Village, returned our empties and did grocery shopping.  It was a warm, sunny day and I think I got a mild case of sun-stroke, as I have had quite the headache and am terribly thirsty.  The garden is rapidly changing as early spring flowers are dying off and new plants are pushing their way up, up, up.  It's an exciting time of year!

My mother passed away almost 20 years ago, so it's a bittersweet day for me, especially with all the hype about it.  She was a terrific gardener, so it was a good day to remember her.  Growing up, I remember people stopping in front of our house and telling her what a beautiful garden she had.  She was a potter and whenever she wanted to take a break, she did some weeding, pruning, planting etc.  Here's to mum's everywhere, whether they are with us physically or in our memories.

Pulmonaria macro
Marsh Marigolds ready to pop
Rhododendron from the Tundra with Heath
Epimedium
Bleeding Hearts emerging

No comments:

Post a Comment