Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cold Sunny Walk

   

     It has been bright and sunny all day today, which has made the icy exterior sparkle and shine.  Definitely a sunglasses day because of the glare off the snow.  I did manage to get out a few times today, and on my last hour and a half trek, I took my camera once again to document my journey.



     I walked down the hill to Goldie Mill Park, went past the ruins of the old mill and hugged the river path until I decided to go up to Dufferin Street.  The park has big open areas with young trees and lots of grasses and perennials, all of which were covered in ice and reflected the setting sun beautifully.



     I went along the CN trail, past the big, white Guelph water tower, that CC and I always call 'the Mother Ship".  I reached Exhibition Park, on the north side, and continued along the west side of the park.





     I then ambled along Glasgow Street, turned left onto Suffolk where I bumped into JS and her daughter, AS, who was also out taking photos.  The setting sun really does make everyone look extra beautiful - you can't get the perfect lighting in a jar!  It was then along Dublin to London and down the hill into the park again.




     The light was different than earlier as the sun was much lower in the sky.  The shadows were longer and were taking on a much more blue hue, and it felt an awful lot colder.  My fingers were aching they were so cold.  At least it was a quick jog up the hill and then I was home-sweet-warm-home.




     Other photos of the day can be viewed at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/imariguy/

2 comments: