Monday, February 18, 2013

More Succulents!

Belgian Nursery
     Yesterday, CC and I went to my favourite Nursery to have a look around.  They have an orchid room, cactus area, many succulents and interesting plants and a parrot, love bird and cat to boot!  It is a great way to escape from the cold and imagine warm, tropical places.  Of course, I could not leave empty-handed, especially when there was a sale on all cacti and succulents.


     I bought a Spoon Jade (Crassula potulacea) and a lovely square, green pot to put it in.  It is a very architectural plant and looks great in the front window, where it can get lots of sun.  It is also called a Shrek plant because of the colour and odd shape of the leaves, no doubt.


     I also bought four other beauties: a living stone plant (Lithops), which I put in a small terra cotta pot in the front window, a tall bluish succulent which is now in the kitchen bay window, a small bubbly-looking succulent that is also now in the kitchen bay window, and a bluish succulent that has purple at the edges of the leaves, which is in the front window.


     In addition, I bought a bunch of bonsai saucers and three matching planters and saucers, also for bonsai plantings.  I like the colours of the glazes and will eventually find some cuttings for them.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I didn't kill all of the plants that enter my house, yours are so beautiful and I am very jealous.
    You know I used to take the kids to that nursery when they were little, just for something to do in the winter. I haven't been for ages, I'd love to go.

    ReplyDelete