Friday, December 16, 2011

Why JDPegs?

     The name is a play on jpeg, the format that my photos are in, plus my initials, JDP.  Also, the "egs" part of the domain name refers to e.g.s or examples of my photography.  Get it?  I have had an avid interest in photography since I got my first digital camera nearly ten years ago.  What type of camera do I have you ask?  It's nothing special - a point and shoot Canon that easily fits into my pocket, so I am always at the ready.  My philosophy is that expensive cameras do not necessarily correlate to good pictures.  That is why I always encourage people to buy an inexpensive camera and play around with it and the shots you capture - you can always delete them!  Try different angles, different lighting and figure out what you like about other people's photographs and see if you can mimic them.  Alternatively, give yourself a project and walk around and take one kind of photograph - that way, at the end of the day, you can compare and see what works and what doesn't.  In future posts, I will have examples of different themes that will hopefully inspire you.

Green Ideas

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dr. J. Peg.

    I have a plant question that stems from a "it wasn't me" moment in our kitchen. Let's just say there were severed limbs and a lot of head shaking. "Put it in water," says my husband. Four weeks later it's miraculously growing roots. "Pot it," says my husband. How? is my question.

    I'm assuming you need to see this plant so I'm going to post it and it's body parts on my blog so that hopefully you can tell me what to do. I'd also like to know what kind of plant it is.
    Yes. We are terrible parents.

    Please save our family Dr. J.Peg. You're our only hope.

    ReplyDelete