Sunday, June 15, 2014

Toronto Visit

Was in Toronto again for a quick visit.  Stayed in at friends' overnight Thursday and saw a movie before I had dinner with them.  On the Friday, I went to the AGO to see the Henry Moore-Francis Bacon exhibit, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Have been a fan of both for some time now.  Love the sensuality of Moore's figures and the nightmarish quality of Bacon's faces.  Interesting to learn about the effects of the Blitz on both of them.


Carved rock in the AGO Atrium
LOVE at the AGO
After seeing the exhibit, I had a cheap and cheerful lunch in Chinatown - $4.99 for a pot of tea, a bowl of soup and a huge plate of black bean chicken on rice noodles!


From there, I went up to the ROM to see the Forbidden City exhibit and the 1914 Design exhibit.  Beautiful stuff and very well curated.  I did get a lot of the Chinese rulers names mixed up, because they are so foreign to my ears, but the art was exceptional.

Totem Pole in ROM staircase





2 comments: