Saturday, October 26, 2013

Toronto Walkabout

Queen Street East
     This past Thursday, I was in Toronto for my book club, which doesn't start until 7:30 and was in the east end this time.  After work, I decided to walk along Queen Street to see what was new/different from when I had last seen it.  It was alternately cloudy and sunny, so there were some good opportunities for photos.  Queen East is one of the few downtown neighbourhoods that is still quite dodgy and underdeveloped, and, interestingly, is where a lot of antique stores have moved to.



     Further along, there was a lovely old red-brick church that had wonderfully ornate ironwork, which was very much in need of repair, but I like that look.


     I went under a railway bridge as I proceeded eastward, and saw a great opportunity to take a shot with good contrast of light, dark and shadows - luckily there were no cars at that instant to block the cyclist and his long shadow on the road.


     After I reached Logan Avenue, I headed north up to the Danforth (Greek-town) to meet up with a friend for coffee/tea.  It is becoming much more gentrified along that strip, even further eastward.  I took a snap of a favourite church that looks like it belongs in Spain/South America.

1 comment: