Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas decorations

Bunny Ornament
     This year, I just bought a few new Christmas tree decorations, as CC and I already have lots between us and I have made a lot of origami decorations over the years.  I was born in the Year of the Rabbit/Hare, so the plush bunny ornament was hard to resist, plus it was completely adorable!  There were lots of other cute plush ornaments to choose from, but the little pink nose on this guy sold me.  In the same store, Chat Noir, I found a couple of other decorations that were must-haves.  I have always liked bird-watching, so the bird decorations were a good fit, plus they look quite charming and natural hanging amongst the branches.  The Christmas tree got full quickly, so the birds had to find roost in our front window begonia, which is somewhat tree-sized!  We also hung decorations on the Jade tree and the Rubber tree just to make the house more festive.

Birdy 1
     I have lots of old mercury glass baubles that CC put out on shelves  along with Pine boughs.  I also filled an antique pottery bowl with Christmas tree balls that I had bought years ago at Caban (remember that store?) - the colours go very nicely with the glazes in the bowl, with the colours of the painting behind it and with the surrounding furniture.

Birdy 2

1 comment: