Sunday, May 06, 2012

What happened to April?

Spring Fever


     Okay, so it has been over a month since I last posted anything on my blog - I guess I'm the April fool!  I have continued to take pictures, but nothing has really excited me in terms of wanting to share anything with anyone.  The spring garden is in full bloom with Grape Hyacinths,  Forget-me-nots and spring Phlox in full bloom - most of the Daffodils and Narcissi have come and gone!  It looks like it's going to be a bumper crop of Alliums too, hopefully in time for the garden tour we are part of in early June.  A couple of evenings ago, I was looking at the pond and was delighted to see the above - two toads mating and strings of eggs throughout the pond!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have some tadpoles living in the pond shortly.  As well, we have finally been getting some much-needed rain and the contrast of the storm clouds with the Red Bud tree was quite dramatic.

Marsh Marigolds
Stormy Weather

2 comments:

  1. I was starting to wonder what was going on with the lack of posts...

    Weather must be warming up! I'll be back in Toronto for Canada Day and July 4th. Hopefully you'll have some free time to meet for lunch. My treat!

    ReplyDelete